Parent Carer Forum
A team of volunteer parent carers who care for children and young people aged 0 to 25 years in South Tyneside.
- Who the South Tyneside Parent Carer Forum is
- What they do and why they do it
- How you can help the forum
- Contact details
South Tyneside Parent Carer Forum is made up of a team of volunteer parent carers, who care for children and young people aged 0 to 25 years in South Tyneside.
The forum work with strategic bodies, service providers and commissioners to make sure that they meet the needs of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their families.
Their overall mission is to work with these groups to represent the views and experiences of children, young people and parent carers in the area, and help work towards a brighter future.
They are an independent group and not part of any statutory service.
They received a grant from the Department of Education to allow parents and carers to take part in the development and monitoring of services.
- Share your challenges, victories, thoughts, and opinions with the forum. You can do this by: messaging the forum directly, completing any short surveys they develop and engaging in online discussions. Doing this helps them develop vital evidence to feedback to services and commissioners and influence change.
- Tell other parents and carers about the forum.
Website: South Tyneside Parent Carer Forum