Referrals and assessments for support and care


If your child / young person has a disability, as defined by the Children's Act (1989), you are eligible for a social care assessment from the Council.

You can ask the Council for an assessment.

If other agencies are already supporting you, they can also refer you to the Council.

Support without an assessment

Not all families want or need a full assessment.

Most children and young people with SEND can access universal services to support them and their family.

See support and care services.